[geeklog-devel] OpenSource DB modeling tool

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Tue Dec 16 11:13:00 EST 2003

I saw it noted in my recent copy of PHP Architect.

By the way -- there is an article in this issue on CMS's - Mostly Nuke by
JohnCox.
It's supposed to be on the future of OpenSource CMS's but is mostly a
NukeBash and Hyping up his new project Xaraya.

He mentions Geeklog once - in the paragraph below

I have spent a great deal of time pointing out the problems
with Nuke systems. I would also say that these are
universal problems in one way or another. Drupal has
its problems as good a system as it is; Geeklog isn't perfect
as evidenced by the entries in Bug Traq; Typo3 is a
very good system but it tackles problems in a very different
fashion than some are looking for; and ezPublish
has a very high cost of entry. Let me start by saying
Xaraya ain't nirvana either. It is an immature product
with a smaller user base than other content management
systems. Xaraya has great potential though.

About the author:
John is best known for his work on the Nuke flavor of community management
with contributions to PHP-Nuke and later as a founder of PostNuke. He is
currently working with the Project Management Committee of Xaraya which is
one of the more anticipated projects of 2004.

I was not too impressed!