[geeklog-devel] Pear DB Overhead

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Thu Feb 6 18:04:33 EST 2003

So with the enhancements its only 1/2 speed instead of 1/3 speed?

My concern is that even now people complain about speed.  When they see that
it takes twice as long to render a page, they will really complain.  Much of
the speed issue now is because of uneeded and redundant db calls done in the
name of programming ease.  As I see the design of GL2, this will only get
worse.  A bunch of independent modules do not tend to share the information
they pulled from the db.

Tom

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003 16:09:32 -0600 (CST), Tony Bibbs wrote