[geeklog-devel] Article: Geeklog isn't Nuke

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Feb 7 11:40:31 EST 2003

I am submitting this article idea as I am drafting a letter to you folks
to make a retraction found in the March Linux Journal.  In that issue,
there was an article on Weblogs that lead readers to believe that Geeklog
is a fork of PHP-Nuke.  Much respect needs to be given to PHP-Nuke for
helping to spur the weblog phenomenon and I think the article gave that
respect.

However, Geeklog is not a fork of PHP-Nuke. Anybody who compares the
engines of the two can see that.  Furthermore, such an assertion
detracts from the time and effort that many people and put into Geeklog
to make it into what it has become.  So, instead of simply complaining
about this assertion, I thought an article highlighting what Geeklog is,
how it differs from other weblogs and where it is going would be a
fitting follow-up article...unless, of course, you think readers are
bored with them.

Also, you should have mentioned http://www.opensourcecms.com.  It has most
popular packages in a demoable state.  That way user's can test drive the
various ones without having to download, install and configure them.

Anyway, let me know if this article interests you.  At the very least, a
retraction/correction in the April issue would be much appreciated...

 --
Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |