[geeklog-devel] Re: Fortune Plugin and GL2

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Feb 21 11:04:41 EST 2003

Well, the first question I would have is it that important to support more
than one template library? (i.e. is that really a requirement).  I'm
haven't had a chance to think completely through this yet.  I can say that
we've decided not to use PHPLib's library but, rather, the
PEAR::HTML_Template_IT. I will say the layout flexibility that we've all
talked about over the past year or so will definitely test the limits of
any template package we pick.

I'm not sure how many of us developers understand design patterns and how
to use them.  I am hoping the fortune plugin gets some folks
started...unfortunately you are the only one to take notice so far.  I am
still amazed at how much cleaner and more efficient the code is.  This
should have a very noticeable impact on Geeklog 2.

Speaking of all this, check this out:

http://phrame.itsd.ttu.edu/

Oh, and FYI, I have send this to geeklog-devel too.

--Tony

--
Tony Bibbs          "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
tony at tonybibbs.com  hunt or fish often see those of us who do as