[geeklog-devel] An observation as a semi-developer/user

Dwight Trumbower dwight at trumbower.com
Sat Feb 22 09:47:15 EST 2003

Here is a small start. I created a new category and then used this sql to
add one story and there comments to the forum. For multiple stories a xref
table would need to be created to get all the ids correct. Since the
comments and forum use a parent child model it isn't all that hard(easier
than converting vbulletin).

Obviously this is a mass import and no long term hack.

Insert into gl_forum_topic( uid, subject, comment,forum,date,name )
SELECT s.uid, s.title, CONCAT(s.introtext, " ", s.bodytext),2,s.date,
u.username
FROM gl_stories s, gl_users u
WHERE s.uid=u.uid
and s.tid = "Help";

INSERT INTO gl_forum_topic(subject, comment, date, uid, id, pid, name,
forum)
SELECT c.title, c.comment, c.date, c.uid, c.cid, c.pid, u.username, 2
FROM gl_comments c, gl_users u, gl_stories s
where c.uid=u.uid
and s.sid = c.sid
and s.tid="Help";

Dwight