[geeklog-devel] Consolidation of GPlugs and Geeklog.net

Danny Ledger danny at squatty.com
Mon Feb 24 10:41:02 EST 2003

>>The big problem I see with gl.net now is there are a few places you
can go
>>to get themes, plugins and other hacks other than gl.net.  That is
what
>>really needs to stop.  As noted, Blaine's file manager is being
tweaked to
>>better meet some of our needs (thanks Blaine).

Not to confuse the topic any more but...isn't the "real" issue a lack of
consistency in the files (versions) of code being distributed and
downloaded?  The source of the download itself is not the problem?  Or
is it?

Point being, sites like mine (squatty.com) have been doing the tedious
job of searching for the latest releases (from the source) and then
either downloading or linking to them.  For example, for Gplugs code, my
downloads link directly to the release in the Gplugs project.

Are you saying you want one and only one distributor?  Or is a "mirror"
exactable too?