[geeklog-devel] Consolidation of GPlugs and Geeklog.net

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Mon Feb 24 11:05:10 EST 2003

Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:

>I think adding support forums on gl.net for each 3rd party hack is a great
>idea and I would have no problem with making the author the moderator.

Hmm, so what would be left on gplugs.sf.net if all support is moved to
forums (on geeklog.net)? The most logical place for announcement of new
plugins would then be - geeklog.net, wouldn't it?

Re: CVS - we still have too many of those as well. There's the one on
gplugs.sf.net, the one on cvs.geeklog.net, and the old
geeklogplugins.sf.net one exists as well (containing, for example, the
forum plugin as well as some of mine). And I noticed that you, Tony,
added the fortune plugin to cvs.geeklog.net.

Take me as an example. I have some plugins and themes that could all
benefit from being kept in CVS. So where should I go with them? I've been
using geeklogplugins.sf.net so far, but I don't have release manager
status there. Or should I apply for a membership in the gplugs
collective? Or maybe we want to keep it all in one central place, i.e.
cvs.geeklog.net?

bye, Dirk (just thinking out loud - not drawing any conclusions yet)

http://geeklog.info/