[geeklog-devel] GPlugs and Geeklog.net

Blaine Lang langmail at sympatico.ca
Wed Feb 26 08:10:09 EST 2003

> 1) The single quotes problem - I can't even post "$_CONF['limitnews']" (or
the word "can't", for that matter) without getting an SQL error.

I can not duplicate this on my site. The quote issue appears to be related
to some sites (few) that have magic_quotes_gpc on and it not doing its magic
and automatically escaping all quotes as this PHP feature is supposed to do.
In my code, I check the site setting - if enabled then I don't use
addslashes as that would be redundant.  But this is not always the case - I
can not duplicate it on several sites that I have access to including PHP4.3
and 4.1.1 (apache and IIS)sites.

> 2) Words in curly brackets disappear: "LIMIT {$_CONF['limitnews']},
{$_CONF['limitnews']}" becomes "LIMIT ,".
Solved on my site - I was inserting them fine to the database but not
replacing the { with the ASCII code for display

> 3) When I tried to work around the above by using [code], I found out that
the forum only recognizes the first [code] block and leaves the second as it
is.
I have posted several test posts to identify and see this issue in my
testing forum. Preview and Posting with 2 CODE blocks appeared to work fine.
Adding a third CODE block was not being handled correctly  and I will do
further testing but that is a much rarer situation.

Please continue to test these cases out and verify the possible problem on
my site with an explainination so I can easily duplicate.

Thanks,
Blaine