[geeklog-devel] Forum Issues

Blaine Lang langmail at sympatico.ca
Thu Feb 27 08:30:23 EST 2003

Ok ... Did a bit more testing on gplugs site this morning and the behaviour
is different then on my sites
The problem is as follows.

I call gf_preparefordb to detemine post mode , HTML filters and if
addslashes is needed.

Step1
After the submit, I check the form variable $comment
  and magic_quotes_gpc has done it's magic - see DEBUG Line1

Step2
Inside gf_preparefordb - the passed variable is missing the escape character
See DEBUG Lines2 and 3

Now, I don't get this behaviour on my various systems - it passes the
variable fine.
I was not passing it with quotes "$message" so I tried that - same results.

Interesting no?

I can re-engineer this but thought I'd pass along my results - any ideas
appreciated.

DEBUG Line1 ->
    Thu Feb 27 05:17:13 2003 - comment is:Can\'t this work? and POST_VARS
is: Can\'t this work?
DEBUG Line2 ->
    Thu Feb 27 05:17:13 2003 - Inside gf_preparefordb
DEBUG Line3 ->
   Thu Feb 27 05:17:13 2003 - HTML Mode, Magic quotes are ON and data
is:Can't this work?