[geeklog-devel] Geeklog Service offering

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Fri Jan 10 12:10:48 EST 2003

Here are some initial thoughts I had on how to start his up.  First, there
is no really need to go all gung-ho until we prove there is a market for
this sort of stuff.  So our first goal should be to establish the fact
tehre is need for services around GL.

To do that I propose we do something simple like set-up one bank account
in which all $$ will initially go into.  Then we need to figure out how
much revenue a month we think we need before we are convinced there is a
need for this and that we need to go to the next level.  Let's call that
magic number $X/month.

Until we reach our goal of $X/month, all money stays in the account.  When
we hit that goal we can then take what is in the account to pay for things
we may need (drafts of contracts, lawyer time to set up a corporation,
etc).  I say we prime the pump and just dump it all back into what we are
trying to do. From that point on we can start dividing up revenue in a way
that rewards people based on time spent and goals accomplished (i.e. more
like a 'real' business).

Thoughts?

--Tony