[geeklog-devel] Full-text Search Working

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jan 11 15:47:31 EST 2003

Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:

>Thoughts?  Concerns?

Well, several (good) suggestions for improvements of the search were made
recently. If I remember correctly:

- Rob Griffiths' changes for searching for individual words (not just phrases)
- Marc von Ahn's changes for a more Google-like appearance (incl. paging)
- and, of course, this full-text search

I think we should agree on what we actually implement. Actually, I
wouldn't mind if someone would take over the task of coordinating those
efforts and implement some or all of them. But this needs a concept and
some time, so ...

>Dirk, I also wanted to
>give you a chance to play with it to make sure it is stable enough to
>get rolled into your 1.3.7sr1 release

... I don't think this is ready for release just yet.

>which, given Jason's install
>script and this new search functionality, we may want to just call
>1.3.7.1.

Btw, I still haven't seen this mythical install script. Does it really exist?

http://www.macosx-faq.de/