[geeklog-devel] GL2 API Requirements

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Jan 13 15:30:48 EST 2003

I'll be putting together the Requirements for the GL2 module API tonight
and will be emailing them to you all. Because of the importance of this to
GL2, I see no fewer than 4 drafts before we have something to start
working from.

I will be starting it by reverse engineering what has evolve in the 1.3.x
code and then adding in some things I see as missing or nice to have.  In
this case I thing we *have* to swing for the fence and make sure it is
functionally complete from the get-go.

Along those lines, I'd be interested to have a least a couple volunteers
at porting a 1.3.x module to GL2 while we implement the API.  Any takers?

Finally, keep in mind that *everything* is a module in GL2.  That includes
stories, links, events, etc.  We'll need to start those in addition to
what volunteers.  I'll take the article modules, any takers for the links,
events, blocks, etc?

--
Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |