[geeklog-devel] Re: pair Networks contact

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Jan 14 13:12:26 EST 2003

Duh...a light just went off in my head.

Archive/Tar.php is a PEAR moduels (http://pear.php.net).  Do you folks
install PEAR on your servers?  We need to figure this out but Tar.php is
the package that uncompresses Geeklog (i.e. we don't force your server to
have tar installed).

Jason, should we have a little config option at the top of the file that
let's ISP's point the script to their local copy of pear?  I'd even say we
should first issue exec(`which tar`); and use the output if any to run
tar, otherwise force them to get a copy of Tar.php.

this is a bit sticky, huh?  Jason, I'll refer to you for an exact
solution.

--Tony

--
Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't |