[geeklog-devel] Re: Updated Installer

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu Jan 16 09:33:58 EST 2003

Blaine Lang <langmail at sympatico.ca> wrote:

>breaking it into sections

Hmm, I didn't think about grouping. Actually, the options are grouped,
since they are displayed in the order they are defined in config.php.
There's just no optical separation ...

I wanted a generic solution. If you haven't looked at the source yet:
This one simply loops through the $_CONF[] array and displays any key/
value pairs it finds. So every time a new config variable is added to
config.php, this script will pick it up automatically. Otherwise,
maintaining this may become a pain.

But now that this works, we can apply some simple filters and jazz it up
a bit (see attachment).

>for easier user understanding of the settings,
>and some error checking

This should take care of both :-) What do you think?

I found one problem, though: What it displays for $_CONF['theme'] and
$_CONF['language'] are in fact the settings of the current user, since
the original $_CONF values are overwritten with the user's settings in
lib-common.php. Looking for a solution ...

http://geeklog.info/