[geeklog-devel] Gettext and ISP's

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Jan 21 21:07:01 EST 2003

Hrm, looking at it I'm not impressed with the language stuff.  It seems
to use a database to store translations.  I have a fundamental problem
with this...anybody else?  I think maybe some of the other things
(date/time, currency, etc) may prove useful.

--Tony

Jason Whittenburg wrote:
> I say no, ISPs will probally not have gettext installed.
>
> As for the method, what does pear I18N package offer?  It says it supports
> different methods...  *shrug*
>
> See: http://opensource.visionp.de/modules/project/i18n.php
>
> -Jason
>
> Tony Bibbs said:
>
>>Is it safe to assume most ISP's have PHP configured with gettext
>>support?  Or should we remove that as an assumption and support both
>>gettext() and  the current translation method as well?
>>
>>--
>>------------------------------------------------------------------------|
>>Tony Bibbs         | "I guess you have to remember that those who don't
>>|    tony at tonybibbs.com | hunt or fish often see those of us who do as
>>                   | harmlessly strange and sort of amusing. When you
>>|  | think about it, that might be a fair
>>assessment."  |  | --Unknown

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |