[geeklog-devel] Re: GL2 Schema

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Tue Jan 21 21:20:20 EST 2003

Dwight Trumbower wrote:
> Let's see if I understand the relationships.
>
> Items
>  has a User, Type, State and Category

Items is a generic structure that abstracts the most common things that
*all* modules will need.  So what you said makes sense.  *All* modules
will have a record in this table as well as their own specific table. So
, as you noted below, one article will have a record in the item table
and the article table.  This may seem a bit counter intuitive with a
one-to-one relationship but does it makes sense why I drew it up like this?

> Block
>  has a Item
>
> Article
>   has a Item
>
> User <-> Block is a many-to-many
> User<-> Category is a many-to-many

Yeah, I'm not shold on those yet.  We'll need to model the concept of
'watches'.  Users can 'watch' any item, or any other user.

> That should do for now.
>

> Dwight
> dwight at trumbower.com

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |