[geeklog-devel] Geeklog 1.3.9

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jul 18 07:45:16 EDT 2003

Now that 1.3.8 is out, it's time to make plans for 1.3.9 :-)

Here's a short list of things I have compiled over the last few weeks:

- Vincent's new comment code. Still haven't looked at it, but knowing
Vinny, I just assume it works ;-)

- Review our handling of email. A complex topic, I'll write an extra post
for this ...

- Some user contributions I'd like to look into:
  + image scaling using GD lib
  + an extension of the plugin API for the What's New block
    (i.e. plugins can add their own What's New items)
  + allowing story submissions with separate intro/body text
  + confirmation on critical actions (e.g. deleting a topic)

- There seems to be a need for some sort of "read-only topics", i.e.
topics that users can read but not post to. Haven't looked into this at
all yet - it may be easy, it may be not ...

- Blaine also has some things already working. The only one I can
remember right now is a scrollable list of authors (for the preferences,
where you can select which authors you don't want to see).

This is just a list to get a brain storming going. No promises for
anything (although I'd give the first two, comments and email, a high
priority).

http://mypod.de/