[geeklog-devel] Pushing GL1 into regester_globals=off

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Jul 28 14:31:14 EDT 2003

Well, it's not that easy...well, it is technically easy but it will be a
lot of work.  For each page you need to figure out which variables are
registered as globals in the current 1.3.x tree.  Then you need to
replace them with the $HTTP_POST_VARS or $HTTP_GET_VARS.

We could, as a group, decide to require which ever version of PHP that
started usin the $_REQUEST object.  The good thing about that is then
regardless of a POST or a GET you can use the $_REQUEST['<varname>'].
If we don't want to do that, we *could* simply either ask for the PHP
version in config.php or check it through the code and if they don't
support $_REQUEST, then you could add the the top of lib-common.php
somewhere this:

$_REQUEST = array_merge($HTTP_POST_VARS, $HTTP_GET_VARS);

That way the code regardless of PHP version would be the same.

Make sense?  Comments, questions, concerns?  How much fun would
regression testing this be?

--Tony