[geeklog-devel] lib-sessions.php

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Fri Jun 6 15:21:03 EDT 2003

Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:

>Just a quick note to let you know that the fix you checked in does work.
> Turns out when I added 'localhost' as my cookiedomain I forgot to
>remove it before testing.  When I removed that and retested it worked
>just fine.

Good, thanks.

I guess that new cookie handling in CVS has more surprises in store when
it's actually tested on all those browser / server setup combinations out
there. So if someone here finds some time to test it out, I'd appreciate it.

www" problem, I've removed the redirection code from index.php. Instead,
all setcookie() calls throughout Geeklog now use all six parameters which
seems to have the desired effect (i.e. user is recognized no matter from
which URL s/he logs in).

If it does not work, you may need to set the $_CONF['cookiedomain']
variable (although lib-sessions.php tries to guess the correct value, it
may fail on some setups). Preferrably, if your domain is example.com, it
should be set to '.example.com' (notice the two dots).

In some cases, especially when upgrading a site while you still have
valid cookies / sessions, you may need to delete the cookies for the site
before the login will work.

I assume this will have to be a new entry for the FAQ ...

http://mypod.de/