[geeklog-devel] Comments to templates

Rob Griffiths robg at macosxhints.com
Mon Jun 16 18:32:37 EDT 2003

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 03:23 PM, Dirk Haun wrote:

> And then there's the search ... Tony?

Just as an FYI; the project I talked about a while back is now underway
-- I have my site and database files with a third party who is updating
the search functionality to be much more robust.  I expect it will be
done within two or three weeks (I don't think I'm being charged enough
to be right at the top of their priority list), but when I get the code
back, I'll distribute it to Dirk, Tony, etc.  I'm not sure how much
work it will take to integrate it into the standard Geeklog release,
but I'll leave it up to you guys to use, trash, whatever...

As a total aside, Geeklog is covered in this month's issue of Macworld
magazine.  They review a number of (sigh) blogs, and include Geeklog
(spelled GeekLog) in the selection.  In short, they rated it high for
security, multi-author support, and threaded comments, but docked it
for difficulty of install and lack of documentation...

-rob.