[geeklog-devel] Javascript Functions

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Thu Jun 26 22:16:17 EDT 2003

What would be the recommended way to include Javascript functions in
plugins?

1) Have users add the function to the template header.thtml file ?
2) Output it before calling COM_siteHeader - messes up the Tags and HTML
3) Echo out a <head> then the JS script and </head> - Messes up the HTML as
well

Whats the easiest and best way to support this ?
- I suggest we come up with a way to extend COM_siteHeader so that it can be
passed the name of a JS script to include as it's building the header page

BTW:
While looking at COM_siteHeader, I saw that there is the feature to replace
the complete header with your own function. Neat - has anyone seen this
implemented - maybe not because I believe it's broken.

There is a problem is with this code - it's checking for a non-existing
$_CONF variable
    $function = $_CONF['layout'] . '_siteHeader';