[geeklog-devel] Hey Tom

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Fri Mar 7 08:02:05 EST 2003

On Thu, 6 Mar 2003 22:46:12 -0500, Simon Lord wrote
> Tom, I'm interested in adding your contact module to my site.  I have a
> few questions to ask.
>
> 1) Does it work?  That is, is it a final product or still in testing
Yes it does work - I have been using it on two production sites handling
over 3000 contacts on one.
> 2) Does it have, or can you add, a means to take a member profile and
> save it to your contact book at the click of the mouse?

It does not have the means to take a member profile and save it to the
contact book.  It would not be hard to add that, it is basically a simple
database operation.

At the moment I, however, am snowed under, I just got back from an
unexpected 4 day emergency trip - talk about blowing your schedule all to
pieces.
> Sincerely,
> Simon

One thing I will emphasize about the contact setup is that there is a many
to many relationship between the contacts and companies, which is different
from any contact database I have seen.  (Many contacts to one company and
Many companies to one contact).  It may not work just exactly like you
think, but it is very powerfull.  The lack of a database union commmand in
mysql forced me to make everyone have a company and every company have a
person.