[geeklog-devel] Extending Calendar

Mark Limburg mlimburg at iprimus.com.au
Sat Mar 15 19:35:05 EST 2003

Hey folks..

Been thinking about a problem I have with GL, and I think I've found a
solution.  My want is recurring events, so here's my take on how to do this.

1) Add a table called events_recurring.
2) Allow additional dates to be added to existing events.
3) Modify the calendar code to search for date ranges in events
    and events_recurring tables.
4) Modify the calendar code to show the 'recurring' date.
5) Create the usual templates/authority/etc for the mod.

Now, this will allow an admin to add *individual* date/time entries to
an event.  Now, whilst this isn't a true recurring date system, it is
much more flexible ... it's hard (next to impossible) to get any current
recurring system out there to make a date appear over a range AND appear
on a seperate date, and NOT appear on a number of the recurrent dates.

This sort of thing ..

   08-Jan
   07-Jan
   14-Jan