[geeklog-devel] MVC package and sample application

Blaine Lang langmail at sympatico.ca
Sun Mar 23 02:00:54 EST 2003

Ok - I have the application installed and can see a lot of work was done to
create these new classes. It initially appears to be a lot more complex and
you still need to add the template classes which I gather will be the view
layer.

I recognize there are benefits and re-use via patterns and more OO classes.
It will just take me a bit to fully understand the architecture and the
approach. I'm not a JAVA coder or have developed MVC programs before.

Is this the direction you have in mind for GL2?

Can you summarize your reasons and benefits you see with this approach vs a
more standard OO style for the business or model layer with a template
driven interface for the presentation (view layer) and using data
abstraction layer.

Blaine