[geeklog-devel] MVC Pattern

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Wed Mar 26 16:57:09 EST 2003

I guess I am partly to blame for Tony using the oo MVC pattern, since I
pushed and encouraged him in this direction.  If you are not familiar with
this way of programming here are some links that might enlighten you.

First a very simple yet good overview of what MVC is all about:

http://ootips.org/mvc-pattern.html

Next another attempt of code the MVC in php

Original article using Model 1 -- Also explains the code.

http://www.phppatterns.com/index.php/article/articleview/11/1/8/

Second article using Model 2 -- Newer version Tony uses.

http://www.phppatterns.com/index.php/article/articleview/19/1/1/

Hope these help.

I for one support Tony in his efforts and will look at depth at the code
soon now that I am back home again for a while.  Tony if you haven't seen
the code in the articles above, you might give it a look for some ideas.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net