[geeklog-devel] GoogleBot likes the File Management plugin

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Thu May 1 04:54:16 EDT 2003

I noticed that the File Management plugin is now by far the most
downloaded file from geeklog.info - more than twice the amount of
downloads than any version of Geeklog. Why's that?

Well, the answer is: GoogleBot. Of the 1453 downloads that file currently
has, 1284 come from the GooglBot!

Don't ask me why it likes that particular file so much, but you may want
to check your logs for similar oddities.

For now, I've decided to disallow access to the File Management plugin
for robots and crawlers in general:

Disallow: /filemgmt/

(my robots.txt file)

<http://www.google.com/bot.html> has more information.