[geeklog-devel] Circular group references

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat May 17 12:20:45 EDT 2003

Blaine Lang <geeklog at langfamily.ca> wrote:

> When adding a new group we just check to see if the user is already a
>member of that group?

Geeklog shouldn't let you add a group (A) to another group (B) if B is
already in A. This sounds trivial but isn't when a third group becomes
involved. Also, this is in the group editor, so most of those nice
functions we have in lib-security.php can't be used since they operate on
user ids (or the current user).

In other words, the task is to write a function that checks for circular
group references (working only on group assignments).

http://mypod.de/