[geeklog-devel] Circular group references

Simon Lord slord at marelina.com
Sat May 17 13:56:06 EDT 2003

> Here's an interesting case I had:
>
> Someone wasn't able to log into his site any more. Geeklog went from
> index.php to users.php and then seemed to sit there forever.

This is exactly the problem I had last year and I drove you and Tony
nuts trying to figure out what was going on.

> As it turned out, he had set up a circular group reference, i.e. group
> was assigned to group B and group B to group A. So when someone who was
> in one of those groups tried to log in, Geeklog went into an endless
> loop.

Exactly.  Tony's solution was to remove "root" as an option from the
Group page, apparently it wasn't supposed to be there.  What version is
this guy using?  I hope this problem is not there anymore, it drove me
mad.