[geeklog-devel] Quick overview of GL2 and what we have so far and how it relates to the API

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Fri Oct 31 16:34:25 EST 2003

Vincent,

I've just been reading up on the PostNuke API as I have a module that I need
to develop for a client. This is not Nuke but a totally separate development
effort (for those that are not aware). A lot of what you raise was raising
the same ideas for me as I was reading their module developer and API
documents.

http://noc.postnuke.com/docman/view.php/5/10/pnAPI.htm

Their API is still in development but already has some of the ideas you
presented.
There are a lot of other API's here that we use COM functions or Globals
for. In GL2, we will not be relying on globals so there will be a need for
some of these API or functions to be exposed.

I expect GL2 will be if not 100% OO - very close and I believe PostNuke (
next step for me is to look at their code) is all OO. So this API reference
may be helpfull.
http://noc.postnuke.com/docman/view.php/5/10/pnAPI.html#id2758765

Blaine