[geeklog-devel] Server Move, CVS, mailing lists etc

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Sat Apr 3 18:52:15 EST 2004

Ok, here is the run down.  Tomorrow somtime I will be moving everything
on the current server over to the new and improved server (now at 1GB
RAM and 5x18GB drives RAID'd).  I will then cut the DNS over on
Tuesday.  During the DNS cut over the server will be moved to the colo
and life should begin being much better.

Later next week I hope to then move the mailing lists over.  My sysadmin
assures me that qmail can work with mailmain and that we can convert the
archives over so I think we are covered.  I'd encourage no CVS activity
until I send a follow-up tomorrow letting you all know the move has
happened.

As an FYI, the server now has a real sysadmin so patches, fixes, etc
should be quicker, more reliable. Shoot me any questions.