[geeklog-devel] 1.3.10 to do list

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Aug 4 15:02:20 EDT 2004

Coming back to this:

>We should update the minimum requirements for Geeklog as well.  Since
>we've started using $_REQUEST in the core code in several places we'll
>need to require PHP 4.1.0 or higher (at a minimum).

Only pdfgenerator.php, comment.php and some comment-related code in lib-
common.php seem to use $_REQUEST.

How much work would it be to convert that code to using $HTTP_POST_VARS
and $HTTP_GET_VARS?

We have to move away from the $HTTP_xxx_VARS arrays eventually, as they
seem to be disabled by default in PHP 5.0.0, but can we make one more
release with the current requirements (which are PHP 4.0.4) and then
convert all of it to $_POST, $_GET, and $_REQUEST for the next release
(and, consequently, raise the requirements to PHP 4.1.0)?

http://geeklog.info/