[geeklog-devel] 1.3.10 and Asian languages problem

Euan McKay euan at heatherengineering.com
Wed Dec 1 19:58:05 EST 2004

Dirk,

I just got an email from Sam Stone pointing out a problem with
double-byte languages (at least for Japanese and Chinese). UTF8 works
fine for Japanese, not sure about Chinese. However, saving stories in
HTML mode in Japanese EUC encoding and Chinese encodings causes text to
be corrupted. Saving in normal text mode works fine, so I guess this
must be a problem with a filter somewhere?

Sorry for not noticing this in the RC versions - I'll make a point of
testing them more thoroughly in the future.

Cheers,

Euan.

Heather Engineering - no job too small
http://www.heatherengineering.com/