[geeklog-devel] GL2 ACL

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Dec 13 20:54:25 EST 2004

Ok, I did some digging around in the archives looking for what we had
discussed for Access Control Lists (ACL) in Geeklog 2.  Vinny
recommended this:

http://lists.geeklog.net/pipermail/geeklog-devel/2003-June/000688.html

Vinny, is this still the direction you are thinking of? If so I have a
question:
- the acl table listed has an id field as the PK.  Right after that is
an item field which, I assume is a foreign key to the item table.  So
what's the relation between the acl table and item table?  1-to-1?
1-to-many?
- So your goal, to be clear, is to be able to, on a user-by-user bases
or group-by-group basis control access to an item.  What's the
performance implication on this?

For the others on the list, this has nothing to do with the
Auth_Enterprise work that has been done.  Auth_Enterprise controls
access to the application, the ACL's build on that by providing detailed
item-level security.