[geeklog-devel] GL2 ACL

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Dec 15 14:45:05 EST 2004

Vincent Furia wrote:

>Yup, though you'd probably want to throw an autoincrement int in front
>as a primary key.  Indexes would have go on user_id and group_id and
>item_id.

Sounds good.

>Also, I'd like to vote for writing the xml and then generating the sql
>ddl rather than the other way around.  It seems much cleaner to me.

Sorry, I think backwards.  Actually the beauty of this is that this is a
developer-by-developer preference.  Actually, I submitted a patch to a
bug in Propel that was caused Propel to ignore MySQL's foreign keys.
This is because back when Propel was started, foreign keys in MySQL were
in their infancy.  Given that, I think you'd have a similar 'bug' going
the other direction...but I could be wrong.