[geeklog-devel] Actual Working Schema for GL2
vfuria at gmail.com
Thu Dec 16 23:36:21 EST 2004
A couple more things:
1. You don't need the left_index or right_index in gl_category since
it has 1-1 relationship with the item table which already has those.
2. Why are you using INTs for dates? Why not TIMESTAMPs or DATETIMEs?
3. Don't forget you want indexes on columns on which you plan to sort.
4. In gl2_group change the display_name column to group_name to be consistent.
5. I think we should standardize on just a couple lengths of varchar
fields (all URLs should be 256, all _names should be 40 or 50).
- the homepage varchar in gl2_user is way too short, presumably
this is a URL
6. gl2_item_type_state seems redundant. Just use the LOV Table, where
the group_name indicates type and the lov_id/short_name indicate that
state. Or am I missing something?
On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:43:51 -0600, Tony Bibbs <tony at tonybibbs.com> wrote:
> Ok, I've attached a working version of the schema. Worth noting, is
> anywhere in the old schema where we had parent_id fields I replaced them
> with the left_index, right_index. Seems to me that if it is good enough
> for comment performance, it's good enough for everyone else.
> Next up is to build the first set of Propel classes from this schema.
> Cross your fingers.
More information about the geeklog-devel