[geeklog-devel] Article throttle.

Justin Carlson justin.carlson at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 16:58:17 EST 2004

I agree, sometimes they get a little link-happy and link it several
times ( including the index. ) It also falls apart when users go back
to the index from a linked article.
However, even if it only catches  50% of the users, that's a large
savings on bandwidth and the cpu(s) for that rush.

A more complex solution for watching the entire site can/has been
done, this one was just very simple.  In fact, a site-wide cache
system could be written, ( think about this for GL2 ) that creates
static pages and updates whenever content changes. This would of
course bloat the site, and should only be used by heavy traffic GL
users.  Just have to decide when/where to update the cached pages.
Thoughts?  Overkill?