[geeklog-devel] PluginInterface

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Dec 20 18:02:04 EST 2004

Any reason that all of the methods on the Geeklog_PluginInterface
(PluginInterface.php) shouldn't all be static?  As a refresher, the
methods are:

public function install();
public function uninstall();
public function upgrade();
public function getVersion();
public function handleEvent($event, $var = '');
public function getPage($request);
public function getDependencies();

None of them seem to really need an instantiated object.  This all came
up as I thought about how we would call the handleEvent() method.  Seems
more logical to say:

$pluginClassName::handleEvent();

Instead of

$somePlugin = pluginFactory::singleton();
$somePlugin->handleEvent();

Sorry I'm posting all these questions to the list but until I get some
more eyes on the actual code, I need a sanity check here and there.