[geeklog-devel] Custom user attributes in GL2

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Tue Dec 21 23:08:00 EST 2004

I just wanted to remark somewhere permanent that we need to keep in
mind that a plugin selected for uninstall may be depended upon by
other plugins.  Before an uninstall is begun, we need to determine the
reverse dependencies for the plugin (what plugins, if any, rely on the
availability of the plugin to be uninstalled) and deal with those
appropriately.

This also suggests that, like PEAR packages, we allow a plugin to
specify requried dependencies, recommended dependencies, and optional
dependencies.

Geeklog-2 (or whatever we call) should be a dependency of all plugins,
though the version number could vary.

Again, none of these things are issues we'll need to worry about in
the short term, I just want them documented somewhere and right now
this list seems like the best place (especially since I can search it
using Gmail :)

-VInny