[geeklog-devel] Server changes coming...

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Mon Feb 2 10:05:58 EST 2004

Don't worry about it.  I am pretty sure the server geeklog.net runs on
isn't RAID5'd and not having RAID on the box with our CVS bothers me a
bit.  I have the temporary server setup...it is a dual pentium pro 200
with 256MB of ram and two 9GB SCSI drives (no raid of any kind).  All
the software is installed on it and I have already begun moving stuff
over (starting with my personal stuff).  I will save the move of
project.geeklog.net and CVS until last but I'm hoping to have moved
everything by the end of this week.  I won't move CVS until I have a
version of it working on the new server via ssh and anonymous pserver
(sigh).

After things are moved to the temporary server I'll then begin
rebuilding the current server to get it ready for the colo.  That won't
happen for a couple of weeks and we'll have to repeat this process again.

It's a pain, I know but I'm sure we can do all this with little to no
downtime.

--Tony