[geeklog-devel] The first 1.3.9rc1 bugs are in ...

Vincent Furia vmf at abtech.org
Sun Feb 22 22:05:55 EST 2004

Dirk Haun wrote:

>Blaine,
>

>>Well we could change the interval but I like 10 :)
>>Only 2 options - change the interval or change the field type that I see.
>>

>Looks like the least painful method would be to simply change the field
>type for "blockorder" from a TINYINT to a SMALLINT.
>
>Vinny, what's the status on the problem with the nested comments?
>
>A few people seem to have problems with PEAR::Mail when safe_mode is on.
>At least when selecting 'mail' as the backend, PHP complains about the
>fifth parameter for mail() not being allowed in safe_mode. Switching to
>'sendmail' or 'smtp' fixes that (in my local tests), but obviously not
>for all people.
>
>I have just added a hook that lets you override COM_mail() with a
>CUSTOM_mail() function (i.e. if such a function exists, COM_mail() calls
>it instead of handling emails itself).
>
>If the safe_mode problems persist, we might even have to add a 'geeklog'
>backend option that re-implements Geeklog's old way of sending emails.
>Have to do some digging on documented problems with PEAR::Mail first -
>maybe there's a better solution.
>
>So these are the showstoppers for rc2 at the moment, AFAICS. Anything else?
>
>bye, Dirk

Well...

I'm going to try a few things out.  I think I'm going to make some demo
pages (tomorrow night maybe?) and then ask people in the forums to take
a look with their browser and see what works and what doesn't.  I'll end
up implementing whatever works in the most number of browsers.  If
nothing seems to work widely, I can reimplement (in the templates) the
nested tables that are how comments are done in 1.3.8 and prior.

As for the issues I brought up in my email titled "comment.php" unless I
hear any contrary opinions I'm going to implement as I suggested in my
"opinion" at the end of the email, pushing off displaying by 'cid' until
1.3.10.

-Vinny

P.S.  I'm "on the road" this week so I'll only really be available in
the evenings (EST).  I should be able to put in enough time to get these
comment issues worked out though.