[geeklog-devel] Server changes coming...

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Jan 28 21:10:46 EST 2004

I am busy getting the current server that hosts CVS and
project.geeklog.net upgraded and moved to a colo.  In doing this I think
we should at least consider if we don't want to move CVS and the project
site to Pair.  I only mention this because we have a dedicated server
for www.geeklog.net and it seems to make sense to have it all on one
server (until the MySQL instance dies).  Any thoughts?

Also, if we decide to leave things as they are I will have to move CVS
and the project site to a temporary server (along with
iowaoutdoors.org).  This server is a dual pentium pro with only 256MB
RAM so there may be a noticeable difference in performance.  This is
only needed until I can get Gentoo installed on the server and get it
moved over to my colo where I can move everything back to it.

--Tony

|Tony Bibbs         |[R]egardless of what you may think of our penal   |
|tony at tonybibbs.com |system, the fact is that every man in jail is one |
|                   |less potential fisherman to clutter up your       |
|                   |favorite pool or pond. --Ed Zern                  |