[geeklog-devel] Topics again

Tony Bibbs tony at tonybibbs.com
Wed Jul 7 17:51:20 EDT 2004

Well, the first big problem is I don't like the idea of using a
text-based primary key.  Of course, granted that nearly all of GL
1.3.x's ID's are text based I'd say at least we are consistent ;-)

The other thing I don't like, assuming you can get over text-based ID's,
is the fact that we allow the value of a primary key to be hand-keyed by
users.  Another big no-no in my book but all the things I am complaining
about are legacy things decided before even I was invovled.

As far as URL's, I could care less if they are 'pretty' in a URL.  That,
come to think of it, is the only benefit of a text-based primary key.

--Tony