[geeklog-devel] Re: Fwd: Expanded Search

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Sat Jul 17 05:53:11 EDT 2004

[moving this back here from private email]

Tony wrote:

>Basically, all the work is left on it.  All I have started is the
>config.php option....

I don't really care if the "expanded search" makes it into CVS any time
soon or not. If anybody wants to do some work on it, feel free, but
otherwise, I don't mind.

>Incidently, if this gets done or  not, the performance of the GL 1.3.x
>search needs scrutiny.  I can, without much trouble, force the search to
>error out for taking too long to run on Iowa Outdoors.

Yep, this is much more urgent to fix, as it is pretty embarrassing. IMO,
the solution would be to do paging, i.e. return only a certain amount of
results. I see there's already some code for paging in the search class,
but it probably doesn't do too much yet (or does it)?

>Honestly, I have some clean up on the PDF feature left so given it and
>the fact I'm working on GL2 stuff I doubt I find the desire to implement
>the feature.

There are some oddities with the HTML during creation of the PDFs (not
the HTML that goes into the PDF but what's displayed on the site when you
click on the PDF icon). I'll need to collect my thoughts on this and make
a separate post later ...

http://geeklog.info/