[geeklog-devel] Restricted User Admin Feature

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Fri Jun 4 09:31:42 EDT 2004

I have a client requesting a MOD to support a "Restricted User Admin" and I
know this is a GL feature that has been requested before.  Is there interest
in rolling this feature once completed and tested into GL ?

The easist way is to create a new feature "RestrictedUserAdmin" and then
have a $_CONF parm that contained the user groups that anyone with this
feature had admin rights over.

The second and more flexible would require a new table and a new admin
screen that would allow the Root to create any number of Restricted Admins
and assign user group ownership to.

Optionally, the $_CONF parm could be an array that supported multiple number
of admins. I don't see it being a commonly used admin feature but one larger
site and corporate users are going to want.

Please let me know if there is general interest or any preferred
implementation direction.

Blaine