[geeklog-devel] Possible source of Comment Spam

Tom Willett tomw at pigstye.net
Fri Oct 15 09:38:46 EDT 2004

Ran across this -- thought is was interesting.

http://www.php-soft.com/

I quote:

2003-12-28  Submitter software is now available! Perfect submission engine
for messages boards, guestbooks, blogs and other scripts with different
submission form structure.

We are glad to introduce this new software. From now you can get this
perfect web software here. We give unlimited support for our customers and
full free access to all updates of our software.

What is the messages boards/guestbooks submitter:
This is the best choice if you want to minimize you work submitting your
information (e.g. advertisement info) to different message boards,
guestbooks or TGPs with a different submission form structure. In other
words this is a web based software written in php (with mysql database) that
makes it possible to post any set of data to multiple message boards with a
different input form structure.

AND

Integrated Google API support give you the possibility to gather URLs for
posting of your information using Google queries. For example if you know
some script name (e.g. "addboard.php") you simply enter "addboard.php" in
add site section any board submitter will gather all URLs of such scripts
and place them to your database itself.

I wonder if there is anything in the submitting url that will give it away.
I will start watching.

--
Tom Willett
tomw at pigstye.net