[geeklog-devel] Re: FileMgmt Comments (1.3.10rc1)

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 22:45:36 EDT 2004

OK,

First of all way that Geeklog currently handles plugins for comments
could use a bit of work.  It looks like there is some over riding of
the "cid" variable (that is pretty confusing).  Something I'd like to
clean up for 1.3.11 (1.4?), but I'm not sure how many plugins use the
plugin comment engine and I really don't want to break them.
Recommendations?  Feelings? (Blaine?)

In any case, I think I know what the immediate problem is with the
filemgmt plugin and comments.  Right now the comments.php file
assumes, due to the use of COM_applyFilter, that the cid is an
integer.  This should be valid, but in the world of plugin comments
the cid can get over ridden to hold the plugins item id which doesn't
necesarily need to be an integer (and for filemgmt plugin installed on
geeklog it isn't)...

So I think the short term fix for this is to change this code at the
end of comment.php (stating around line 881):

        if (isset ($HTTP_POST_VARS['cid'])) {
            $cid = COM_applyFilter ($HTTP_POST_VARS['cid'], true);
        } else {
            $cid = COM_applyFilter ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cid'], true);
        }

to:

        if (isset ($HTTP_POST_VARS['cid'])) {
            $cid = COM_applyFilter ($HTTP_POST_VARS['cid']);
        } else {
            $cid = COM_applyFilter ($HTTP_GET_VARS['cid']);
        }

I don't have the filemgmt installed in any of my sites to test this,
so there may be other problems as well.  Can some one check this and
make sure that is the only problem?

Thanks,
Vinny