[geeklog-devel] Geeklog.net

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Sep 22 17:04:51 EDT 2004

I wrote:

>For those who want to know: The sessions table was corrupted.
>
>Haven't looked into it

I did now, but couldn't see anything out of the ordinary.

At around 12:15 (server time), a shutdown of the database was in
progress. Apparently, the entire server was restarted at that point and
when it came back up, the sessions table was corrupted ...

We have about one server or MySQL restart per month. Not sure why, but it
may just be too much traffic or lockups. I'll certainly switch the tables
over to InnoDB tables once the site is upgraded to 1.3.10. Maybe that'll
help ...

Other than that, I can only see the usual bunch of brazilian script
kiddies stupidly trying out their exploits (even for the Coppermine
gallery ...). I don't think it was one of them, though.

http://mypod.de/