[geeklog-devel] A lesson to learn from Mambo?

Blaine Lang geeklog at langfamily.ca
Sat Sep 25 21:03:07 EDT 2004

I agree Dirk, this is something we need to keep in mind. I've done quite a
few for-fee projects and everytime I bring up the question of adding this
similar feature back into Geeklog core, the clients are 100% onside. They
recognize immediately the benefit of having the modification supported and
remove the issue with upgrades.

I don't think we can ever be too cautious and getting agreement and
understanding up front or soon as it appears to be a solution with wider
appeal is key. When doing contract work (developement for hire), I believe
the client owns the right to the work product unless contracts say
otherwise.

Blaine