[geeklog-devel] About the forum spammer

Dirk Haun dirk at haun-online.de
Wed Jan 19 16:02:40 EST 2005

>Here you go.

Thanks, Tom :-)

But I guess line 44 in IP.Examine.class.php:

    if ($val = $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'])) {

should really read

    if ($val == $_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR']) {

i.e. add one '=', remove one ')'.

Also, this seems to block by IP address. What I meant was that all the
domains in the spam post resolve to a certain IP address. The spam post
itself is sent from one of the hijacked PCs under the spammer's control,
so blocking by their IP address won't help much in this case.

It's still useful for other cases, so I'll probably be adding it to CVS
anyway.

http://www.macosx-faq.de/