[geeklog-devel] Dynamic Comments...

Vincent Furia vfuria at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:12:18 EST 2005

I'm working on getting it past the prototype stage.  While it (just)
works now, I need to do some modifications to make it integrate
cleanly and to not be embarrassed by my code.  Hopefully I'll have it
checked into CVS in the next couple days.

Now, some possible downsides:
1. Each time a person clicks to expand (or collapse) a comment it is a
http request to the server, which means loading lib-common.php, etc.
While the page load for just the comment is relatively fast, server
load could be problem for a really popular server (especially, say,
during a slashdotting).

2. The images I'm using I grabbed from http://kuro5hin.org.  I need to
check their licensing to make sure I don't piss anyone off.

3. Of course, as with all good things, theme updates are required.

-Vinny